An inspiring story shared by IAID- Music Instructor Ms.Hazel Baro
FROM A PARENT:
One of my friends asked “Why do you pay so much money for music lessons, and for so many years?” Well I have a confession to make, I don’t pay for my kids’ lessons per se. Personally, I couldn’t care for it. So, what am I paying for and why?
– I pay for those moments when my kids become so tired they want to quit but don’t.
– I pay for those days when my kids come home from school and are “too tired” to go practice and to lessons but practice daily and go to lessons regularly anyway.
– I pay for my kids to learn to be disciplined.
– I pay for my kids to learn to take care of their body.
– I pay for my kids to learn to work with others
– I pay for my kids to learn to deal with disappointment as well as success.
– I pay for my kids to learn to make and accomplish goals.
– I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to achieve their goals and that success is not a one-time event, but rather a lifetime of personal development.
– I pay for the opportunity my kids have and will have to make life-long friendships and to be inspired and to inspire others.
– I pay so that my kids can be creating something beautiful and positively transformative through a personal relationship with music making rather than in front of a screen…
…I could go on but, to be short, I don’t pay for music lessons, I’m paying for the opportunities that music provides my kids to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far I think it is a great investment!
Want to experience this journey? visit http://www.iaid.qa
LCM Examinations is an international examinations board offering graded and diploma qualifications in music, drama and communication. Examinations are held across a large network of exam centres worldwide, and are unique in the graded examinations being awarded by the university. In 2009, LCM has appointed IAID as the first Public Centre in the Middle East offering LCM Exams for students from Qatar and neighboring countries.